Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jones moves into Top 10 in blocks


Charlotte 49ers junior 6-foot-10 center Phil Jones put in another solid performance Wednesday night as part of the 49ers' 80-68 win over East Carolina.

Jones was part of a Charlotte bench that outscored its counterparts at ECU 21-3. Jones finished with 10 points, five rebounds and four blocks.

With his fourth block, Jones moved into the 49ers all-time top 10 in career blocks. He is tied for 10th all-time with Sam Robson (1987-89) with 82. Jones has 17 blocks so far this season, an average of 2.8 per game.

"These last couple of games I don't think I've played really well. I think I was trying to do too much," Jones said. "Coach spoke to me about it and told me to just go out there and play like I know how. I think I played pretty good tonight."



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for Phil and glad to see his progress. He will become a really big-time player for us this year and next!