Wednesday, November 9, 2011

49ers get a quarterback

Do the Charlotte 49ers have their quarterback of the future?

Karsten Miller, a quarterback from North Davidson High in Lexington, said Wednesday he has verbally committed to the 49ers' football program, which begins play in 2013.

Miller, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound senior, missed most of this season with a broken leg. But he was the Central Piedmont 4A's player of the year in 2010 when he accounted for 27 touchdowns for the Knights.


"Charlotte's the only place I wanted to go," said Miller. "A lot of people told me I should sit on (the decision), but this was my first choice all along."

Miller, who said he also received interest from schools including Wake Forest, Louisville and Gardner-Webb, said the 49ers didn't come close to backing off their scholarship offer after his injury. The 49ers made their offer to Miller in May.

"They kept calling me, saying I was still their guy through the whole (rehab) process," said Miller. "I remember them calling me one time when I had a bunch of medicine in me. I was saying all kinds of crazy stuff to them."

6 comments:

49RFBN said...

Welcome to Niner Nation Karsten, great to have you on the team.

Go NINERS!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S the NINER spirit NINER NATION loves to see! GO NINERS!!

keith said...

Wecome Karsten!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Niner family Karsten!!!!

Anonymous said...

Proud to have you as a Niner Karsten! We're glad you see you put your mark on 49er history! Fans and players will always remember the first football class at Charlotte!

49ers Tickets said...

Good job 49ers! keep moving!.. more 49ers Tickets to be sold!