Charlotte athletics director Judy Rose sent out an email on Tuesday to those interested in the 49ers' efforts to obtain a football program. There were several interesting tidbits included. Here are some highlights:
1. At the time of the email's creation, Charlotte had sold 1,645 Football Seat Licenses - about 33 percent of the goal of 5,000 for a football program to begin.
2. A payment plan has been created to pay for FSLs, in which a monthly amount will be charged to a credit card until the FSLs are paid in full. For more information on this option, call (704) 687-4950 or (704) 687-4949.
3. The cost of season tickets for football cannot be set until a stadium plan is finalized, as well as a schedule.
4. Early efforts at marketing have been focused on those who pledged to buy FSLs. A volunteer force is being created to continue to target that group. Mainstream advertising toward the general public will begin in mid-June.
5. A coach would likely be hired in 2011.
6. With the tough economy fundraising will be targeted first toward those things necessary to start the program, such as facilities and staff.
7. To volunteer to help in the cause to bring football to Charlotte, call (704) 687-4950.
Theo Pinson commits to North Carolina
3 days ago