Thursday, April 28, 2011

S. McCallum signs with WNBA's Dream

Former 49ers women's basketball player Shannon McCallum has signed with the WNBA's Atlanta Dream. McCallum, who was a two-time second all-Atlantic 10 player, helped Charlotte to a school-record 27 victories last season and played on Charlotte's 2009 conference championship team.

She's the third 49ers player to play in the WNBA, joining Markita Aldridge (Washington Mystics) and Jameka Jones (Miami Sol).

“I’m just so happy,” McCallum said in a release. “I never thought this day would come. This has always been a dream of mine, ever since I was little. It’s just a relief. I did it. I’m here. I’m just so excited to be just the third 49er that gets to play in the WNBA. [Atlanta] can expect hard work. I’ll play and play until I can’t play anymore.”

0 comments: