Tuesday, March 17, 2009

49ers reserve forward transferring


Gaby Ngoundjo, a 6-7 sophomore reserve forward for the 49ers, has decided to transfer following the spring semester. Ngoundjo has not decided on a new school.


"I really enjoy playing basketball and have enjoyed my time with the 49ers, but I think I will be better off at another school where I could see more playing time," said Ngoundjo.


Ngoundjo played in 29 of the 49ers’ 31 games this season, averaging 0.8 points, 1.0 rebounds in 6.9 minutes of play a game. He had six games in which he played 10 or more minutes.


The 49ers now have two available scholarships remaining for the 2009-10 season with at least one – and perhaps both – slated for a point guard to back up starter DiJuan Harris.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a shame. I wish we could have a season where no one leaves. Gaby is a good kid. Good Luck "Goonj".

Jon said...

Gaby, I hope you can find some playing time. I hope you learn a lesson from David Booker, the grass is not always greener. Thanks for freeing up a scholarship for someone who may be good.